We appreciate more than we can say that our volunteers are willing to give their time and talent to this cause. About 95 percent of the time, we accept all volunteer applications unless we don’t think we have enough work for you to do. We might follow up with you to learn more about your skill level and comfort level with certain project tasks. This often happens when we have a specific need we need to fill.
We want everyone to have an amazing experience so we have these guidelines to make that happen. Please read through these and make sure you are cool with them before completing the application below.
- Respect everyone at the event. We have lots of different backgrounds and belief systems in one space.
- We are all there for a common cause and this isn’t the place for trying to get hired or to show off.
- We know many of our volunteers have high levels of expertise but sometimes you will be needed to do tasks that are more simple than you’re accustomed to doing. We will always work to get you in a position that uses your talents.
- We give volunteers the opportunity to privately ask to be placed on a different team if there is a conflict of interest. If you are placed on a team that is for a nonprofit that doesn’t offend you, but you’re “just not interested,” please consider this an opporunity to learn about something new.
- Communicate with your team, especially the GiveCamp organizers and your Project Manager! This means returning messages in a timely manner and letting us know as soon as possible if you are unable to participate.